- Posted on in Tourist Places
It is built across Thenpennai River and located about 7 kms from Krishnagiri. This dam was dedicated to the state by the then Chief Minister K.Kamarajar in 1958 and the dam irrigates thousands of acres of land. It also supplies drinking water to Periyamuthur, Sundekuppam, Thimmapuram, Chowtahalli, Gundalapatti, Mittahalli, Errahalli, Kaveripattinam, Paiyur and other villages in Krishnagiri. To make it a tourist attraction and picnic spot , exotic landscaping and a children’s park maintained by the Public Works Department of the State are in place there. There is also an Agricultural Research Centre established in Krishnagiri.